Hi! I'm Aman Mittal, a Software Developer, currently working as an independent contract developer. I have a background in Computer Science (Bachelor of Technology) and since 2017 I've been working as a professional with various web and mobile technologies such as Node.js, React, React Native and Expo.
I am also keen about contributing in open-source . Back in 2018 I made my first open-source contribution by writing a Twitter Bot (the original one) in Node.js for freeCodeCamp and #100DaysOfCode campaign which in recent years has gained a lot of attention (90k+ followers) among people who are getting into web development.
Over the years I've made some contributions to some projects and organizations such as Node.js, Gatsbyjs and freeCodeCamp both as a contributor and maintainer. In past, I've been awarded among Top 200 Open Source Contributors by freeCodeCamp.org in 2018.
If there is anything you want to talk about or collaborate together, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Written over 150+ blog posts and complete tutorials.
- Written for 20+ organizational blogs and tech publications.
- Fulfilled the responsibility of creating a curriculum for an online educative learning platform Zeolearn on Node.js.
Some of the notable publications I've written are:
Other notable publications: Hackernoon, Rising Stack, Codeburst.io, ZeoLearn.com, Art + Marketing, 42hire.com, ITNext, Eduonix, The Startup, JavaBeginnersTutorial.com, Alligator.io, LevelUp Gitconnected, Better Programming, React Native Training, Pusher, Instamobile, Newline.co (by Fullstack.io), Soshace & HarperDB.
Currently, I am also writing a bi-weekly newsletter and sharing any new content I create on React Native, Expo, Reactjs and Web Development in general. More than 1000+ devs have signed up.
Contract Developer (2018- Now)
- Crowdbotics (Full-Stack role, Technical Writer, 2018 - Present)
- Hearbeat (Technical Writer, 2019 - 2020)
- JScrambler (Technical Writer, 2018 - Present)
Freelance (Fullstack role, 2017 - 2019)
- Danco Solutions ( Responsible for building a Fullstack app using Node.js and Reactjs)
- Zeolearn (Responsible for creating a curriculum for an online course on Node.js)
Unique Touch Solutions (2016 - 2017)
Associate Software Engineer/Node.js Developer (Worked on Web based applications with primary focus on Node.js. Fulfilled responsibility of writing reusable, testable and efficient code).
- Quarantine Pro: The app is built in React Native and Expo all about how long you have been quarantining. As a user, you input the date when you started isolating and the app is going to display a fun message to tell you how far you have come in the quarantine “game”. This app is built for a fun project for Jscrambler blog and demonstrates various Expo modules such fonts (useFonts hook), and other modules like date-time-picker-modal, momentjs and using a custom font.
- expo-firebase-starter: currently building and maintaining a quicker way to start with Expo + Firebase projects. Based on latest Expo SDK, provides. Part of expo-community.
- gatsby-bulma-quickstart: a quick Way to bootstrap your next Gatsby + Bulma site.
- 100DaysOfCode: Twitter bot for #100DaysOfCode community hosted by freeCodeCamp. Written in Node.js.
- ProjectEuler100: Twitter bot for #ProjectEuler100 community hosted by freeCodeCamp. Written in Node.js.
- AWSCertifiedBot: Twitter bot for #AWSCertified community hosted by freeCodeCamp. Written in Node.js.
- Computer: MacBook Air 2017
- Editor: Visual Studio Code
- Static Site Generator: Gatsbyjs
- Hosting: Netlify
- Syntax Highlighting: Prismjs
- Code Syntax Theme: Dracula Pro
- Terminal: iTerm with ZSH shell
- Manage Blog posts pipeline: Notion
- Newsletter: Tinyletter
I love to travel.